Thursday, April 7, 2011

I have come to the realization that the art world is becoming more and more of an online thing. In today's art world if you do not have a website or a facebook page or a blog you are not going to be as known as you could be. I think that even this book is outdated. There are a lot more things out there that this book talks about. When you enter a gallery they usually have a website and a good gallery will want you to have a website for people to learn more about you and your work. I know a lot of artist at the SYMVA and I have talked to them about websites and the ones who have websites seem to be more known and the ones who get stories in the Rochester mag. There are organizations that you can enter that is a website and a search site all in one. Like MN Artist, a cool thing. I hope there are things like that all over the US. I think its just more work that is put on a artist. To become an artist in the 21st century is going to be really really time consuming. I have no idea how anyone will be able to have time to work on any art if there is so much to, just to get your name out.

1 comment: