Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chapter 8 is about knowing people. The saying is its not what you know its who you know. In the beginning it talks about going into a new town, it tells you what you need to do to meet people. Such as find what galleries in the area and what kinda of art are in the galleries. It kinda a seems to be that you kind act like a tourist for a bit until you know what is what about that town. Its a really compelling chapter that tells you what to do. Its really helpful for when I move to a new place. This is another chapter that I will come back to again and again. The stuff that is helpful now is the stuff about getting your name out when you are not going to another place. I am going to start and going to all of the gallery openings and all of the exhibitions that are going in town. One thing that would be fun if I was a better writer, I would become an art writer. That would be an awesome job.

1 comment: