Friday, January 21, 2011

First Reading: Chapter 2

I think the information in this chapter, especially about how to create your artist packet is very helpful for any artist. Every section really expressed the point of being neat, professional, and to show how your art differs from anything else. Each section was very specific and easy to understand, and the examples for all the different things were also very helpful. Even though it was nice to go over a little about the camera and the computer I think the artist packet was the part I enjoyed most and got the most out of. It’s always comforting to hear about how these things are stuff that every artist has gone through and maybe not always been the most successful at. Something I read about that I had never even thought of was the SASE. The idea is sort of obvious after reading it but simply not something I would have thought to include. Including a self addressed envelope that is already stamped to insure you receive your work back is a very good idea. And like many of their other suggestions show the studio that you are not only professional about your work but you are also serious about the art that they are taking their time to view. Another thing that I enjoyed about the reading was the small and random quotes that were included on every page. “Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you.”-Aldous Huxley! This quote was probably my favorite and I even highlighted it :)

Here is a link to a site about
Cay Lang the author of our textbook. It shows a little of her work and there are statements that go along with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment