Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ch. 6

• This book is just filled with really funny quotes that I like when I read but I never remember that is, until now. I think my favorite this chapter would have to be: “I once had an assistant who filed everything under secret code names in honor of her stuffed animals to make the job “more interesting”. I didn’t discover this until I tried to find a gallery file while she was vacation in Mexico. It was not the best day.”
• I have to say that this chapter was really relevant to me because just today (or yester day since I am writing this at 12:48 am) someone asked me if they could buy a print that was in an art show right now. I really had no idea what to do because it was the first time anyone had seriously asked me for some of my art. I am embarrassed to say that I just got flustered and said yea but that I had to ask my art teacher how much to charge because I have no idea what to charge. WOW, did I ever feel dumb! After this chapter I still have no idea what to charge but at least I have an idea of the process. Maybe next time I will not make a fool of myself. (Let’s hope that’s the case.)
• One thing that really dawned on me after reading this chapter is how organized I am going to have to be if I do not want to make a fool of myself, lose money, or worse of all lost some of my art. I guess it never really dawned on me how much work being an artist is outside of the artistic process.
• On a side note I found this and though this might be interesting to someone. Just a friendly reminder to all you artists to remember to look out your window and see the world as a colorful place once and a while.



Watch more cool animation and creative cartoons at Aniboom

1 comment: