Thursday, February 17, 2011

This chapter was extremely helpful. I did not know what it all took to have your stuff in a gallery. I have been selling stuff in the gallery in Zumbrota for a while now and have found that after reading this chapter that i am not really getting anything from them. Other than space to sell my work and make money I guess. I found it really interesting about all of the agreements that you and a gallery owner should go through in order to have a healthily business relationship. I kinda felt that the book kind of said with out saying it, its not what you know its who you know. It said that if the gallery that you are working with does not want your drawing bu your paintings that maybe the owner knows someone who would love your drawings. As I was reading this to i thought that this seems like a lot of work to do as and artist. The more and more i read he more and more work seems to be piling up on a artist. I know that its a career that is really hard, but I don't know how between planing solo exhibitions and getting gallery's to show your stuff, how you can still find time to work. Maybe that is just me tho.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah - the gallery in Zumbrota is a nice place to start - but there are better deals in the world for exhibiting artists. Nice summary.

    ReplyDelete